Saturday, August 23, 2008

our FAIRly fantastic day!

caleb on the bus

caleb and drayson before the fun began

caleb and david after going down the "big slide"

caleb on the planes


on the little kid roller coaster



Last night we took our highly anticipated trip to the FAIR! On Caleb's TO-DO list:




  • Ride the bus to and from fair
  • Watch the mutton bustin' (little kids riding sheep at the rodeo)
  • Go on the rides
  • Eat cotton candy

And we did them all!!! Along with looking at the goats, sheep and cows...and we topped the night off by sharing a gigantic elephant ear!!!! yumm! Caleb has informed us that if we let him participate in the mutton bustin' next year "he won't ever let go....I'll ride that sheep forever!"

Drayson was a trooper, hanging out in his seat most of the time, though he did enjoy a little fresh air during the rodeo (the weather was amazing last night). I have realized that though I was born and raised in Eastern Washington (an area that most people consider "farm land"), I am still a "city gal." I did not enjoy watching the calf roping (it yanks their little necks back and I was convinced the first one was dead) and I tried to pet the goats before Chip informed me that they bite (I was apparently the only person in the goat barn that did not realize this fact). I was also appalled at the fact that there was a gigantic sign hanging in the cow barn of all places that read "beef, it's what's for dinner!" Chip then clued me in on the fact that all of the steers would be sold and butchered...it's pretty much the whole point of bringing your cow to the fair (news to me)! It's OK--laugh....Chip did!

Despite these few traumatic realizations on my part, we had a wonderful time and can't wait for next year.





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your comments about the animals at the Fair cracked me up!!!

Glad you guys were able to take your family there for a night of fun. I loved Caleb's comment about riding the sheep. I would love to see him do that!

Anonymous said...

Well said.