Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 4th and what we've been up to

Caleb had an absolute blast at the cabin. He was of course the center of attention and had everyone wrapped around his finger! He apparently quoted sayings, such as "you're killin my Smalls," from the Sandlot movie all weekend and was super stoked when they made smores (you put the "mallow" on the "graham"). If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you definitely need to re-watch the Sandlot (though I would not recommend watching it 2-3 times in one day as our son thinks he needs to)!
Caleb also discovered Spiderman 3 last week, and promptly announced that he wanted to be the "black" spiderman because he "wants to be bad!" (yeah great!) Grandma Jane surprised him with a black spiderman costume that she brought back from Montana with her (I think she must have called and/or went to every store in Billings to find that thing). He loves it....as you can see in the pic it is pretty cool.
The rest of us laid low over the 4th...I actually missed the fireworks completely as I was asleep! I felt pretty yucky and had a terrible headache for like 5 straight days before I finally went to the doctor. Turns out I had mastitis, which is a bacterial infection that you can get when you are nursing, and basically makes you feel just overall icky (kind of like the flu). They gave me some antibiotics and I am already feeling better! Chip started morning football practices and weight lifting, so he has been getting up early and his body is having to adjust.

But as you can see, Drayson is doing great and we are enjoying our time together at home this summer.





"BAD" spiderman








first bath



this is what caleb thought chip meant
when he said "hold his head" haha.

looking more alert everyday

kisses for brother

caleb, papa kev-o & guss at the cabin

caleb at the suspension bridge
(don't worry, this is actually over ankle high water)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute pictures. We need to get over to your house so we can see Drayson in person. I love the picture of Caleb "holding" his head. Too funny.