Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Drayson is 1 month old!




Drayson turned 1 month old yesterday, the 22nd!! We went last friday for his 1 month check up and to recheck his circumsision (ouch!)...he is doing great and the dr. said he weighed about 8 1/2 lbs! He is a good eater!


Last weekend Chip was out of town for 3 days for a soccer tournament in Portland (I just knew it was going to get crazy as soon as Chip stepped out that door). After my Friday Fiasco (see below) the boys and I stayed the weekend at my parents so that they could help me out (and mostly for Papa Kevo to entertain Caleb)! Even with their help, I got a small glimpse of what it would be like to be a single parent (exhausting) and now truly realize why it is God's perfect plan for there to be both a mommy and a daddy!

Let me just give you a small glance at what went down on Friday.

8am-chip leaves to Portland

8:30-Dog (Benny) bites and pops caleb's 12X3 ft. pool (water everywhere, caleb crying)

8:35-Drayson crying, needs fed

9:30-finallly on our way to the Dr for Drayson's checkup

10:35-5 min late for Caleb's swim lessons

11:15-mega trip to Target

12:45-meet mom and dad at shop for lunch (caleb refuses to leave)

2:30-Drayson sleeping, I thought I could nap, Caleb had other plans

2:35-Caleb puts on "black/bad" spiderman outfit and starts to terrorize the dogs

etc, etc.


Ok, so you get the idea....my day could have ended around 9:30 am, and that still wouldn't have been soon enough!!!! aahhh!
Chip has taken Caleb to weights training with him for the past two days to keep him out of my hair, which is really helpful and has let Caleb work off some energy too!
The good news is that I can look back on this and laugh...I guess until it happens again...which will probably be in less than a week! haha.


No comments: