Saturday, July 25, 2009

Our somewhat questionable parenting tactics

Here's the short of the long of it. We bribed Caleb with ice skating so that he would wakeboard this afternoon.

Now, let me explain. Caleb has been talking about trying to wakeboard all summer long, but when it get's down to it he gets cold feet. Well, today I knew he was SO close. So (after talking it over with husband in what I thought was a very cohesive "team parenting" sort of way) I told Caleb that if he tried wakeboarding then Daddy would take him ice skating tonight. He was going to be tandem wakeboarding with my dad, so it wasn't really that scary. And guess what...he had a fabulous time, climbed right back on the boat and exclaimed that he had "SO MUCH FUN!" And Chip was planning on taking him skating anyways. So what do you think about giving Caleb this "gentle nudge" towards something he's been wanting to do? Right or wrong, I can't say we won't be using this technique again ;)

Some more fun photos from the river...




Aunt Kass came with us and tore it up on the wakeboard :)

And in other news:

Apparently Drayson now takes care of his own "bonks"

After much pleading, I gave in...to the mini mohawk (I hear all the kids are doing it :).

I think it kinda fits him, actually.

3 comments:

Aunt Kass said...

it was SOOOOO much fun! thank you so much for taking me :)

Gosfam said...

You do what you have to do!! Matt and I have done things like that before :) Way to go parenting!! Love the hawk--it does fit him.

Lyssa said...

Way to go Caleb! And way to go mom for letting him get the mohawk...I gave one to Remy too, they are twins :)