Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Bug's list of Summer Accomplishments

This is my second child, so I should know. But it always surprises me....how is it that overnight it seems like they "just know things?!" Just 8 short weeks ago he didn't even know how to walk...and now, well now...

The Mama's Top 5
(followed by everything else in no particular order)

1.Makes appropriate "vrooming" & related reving noises when playing with cars, motorcycles, etc.

2.Gives "bonks"--the new universal greeting or goodbye for our family & friends. When he's not in the mood to give hugs or kisses, he gives the "bonks" which is exactly as it sounds. He "bonks" his forhead into yours. Very sweet.

3. The open-mouthed kiss, and if you're lucky he'll lick your face!

4. Covers mouth and exclaims: "ooohhhh" from the very back of his throat. When something especially exciting has happened.

5. Throws up his hands in an "I don't know" gesture and turns his head from side to side when someone asks him a question that he doesn't know the answer to or when he can't find something.

*High 5's * understands directions* "shares" * hangs from the stove handle * smiles when disciplined * wrestles his brother * throws everything in the garbage (we are pretty sure this was the fate of lovey lamb #1 & lovey giraffe #2) * kicks a soccer ball * hits puck with hockey stick * plays fetch with the dogs * says: yeah, hi, dog, dad, mom * baby signs: please, drink, all done, more*

And he really, really likes the bath. And this is him yelling at me to "put down that darn camera, stop smiling at me like a living fool, and put my rear in the tub"

Bustin' a mean move with his "boom box" (aka crazy Leap Frog toy that plays music). That would be rad if we could teach him how to hold it on his shoulder, no?

Ok, so this was a total post for posterity's sake...I'm not sure I even know exactly what that means...but I think I've heard a smart person say it in a movie before...could one of you intellectual types let me know if I indeed used this in the proper context (this would be assuming that there are 'intellectuals' that read my blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so much like Caleb in the bathroom mode.
What a sweetheart

Mary said...

He does look sooooo much like Caleb! I love this age!!!!