Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Fresh Perspective

Being a young family is crazy. Sometimes it seems like all work and no play. This past year has been wild.

Daddy is working on his Masters, teaching full time, coaching soccer.
Mommy is mothering full time, working part time, coaching soccer.
Then you know all those tedious chores that keep the house from falling in on itself.

I think it all kinda came to a head for us when Chip broke his rib two weeks ago. Which means basically that he can do no physical work.

Carrying the baby seat? nope.
Mowing the lawn? No worries. Mama's got that too.

Seems like the two of us hardly get a chance to be alone. I keep staring at the calendar wondering when it will slow down.

My conclusion. It's not going to. Not anytime soon anyways. We chose this life. And even the things we didn't choose, well we've got 'em now.

The good news.
Life is hard, but God is good!

The message Sunday spoke straight to my heart. Psalm 40.

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry...
...He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.

Attitude is a choice we make everyday. I need to change mine. I need a "Get to" attitude instead of a "Have to" attitude.

And I'm no dummy. I know I can't do it on my own. But by God's grace I will.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength...
...They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.
~Isaiah 40:31

My name is Sara (though mostly I go by Mommy). And I am privledged to be:
Loved by Jesus.
Married to a tolerant man who loves me flaws and all (and theres a lot)
Muddling through this parenting business with one of the best dads a kid could ask for
Mother to a courageous 6 year old boy, who is an amazing little athlete already
Mother to a two year old who is a clone of his daddy. And the funniest guy I know.
Mother to a beautiful and healthy 5 month old girlie, who I get to play dress up with for the next 18 years.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I love these kinds of posts from you. You are honest. You clearly love your life and know how blessed you are, but you also post about how life has its ups and downs and can be hard. Reading these posts make me feel better about my own life and not because I don’t have the ups and downs but because I do and I am not the only one who does. It is refreshing to know that I am not the only one is overwhelmed with the love I have for my perfect kids while also being driven slightly insane by them too!

Unknown said...

Wow, did you really come from me - sometimes I'm in awe that I raised you. If I think that I even had the smallest part in who you have become it makes me happy inside. I love you and am blown away everyday by how totally wonderful you are.

Sarah said...

Raising kids is the hardest job on the planet. Especially with all the "extras" thrown in. You are a good mom, your kids and husband are lucky to have you. Life is hard and challenging but you are a tough woman who can tackle those challenges with a smile on your face!