Friday, January 21, 2011

A Rundown & Tooth Fairy Markings (Swear)

My apologies for the sparse posting. Kinda some big things happening around here (or not) depending on how it all works out.

Don't you hate it when people write things like that---sooo mysterious.

So I won't do that. After all my talk about not moving, we might be moving. An opprotunity has presented itself to us. We are more than halfway there, but until they sign and we sign and someone hands me the freakin' keys I refuse to get my hopes up. I told Chip the other night, buying and selling a home is making me batty. A constant swing of emotions and the unknown is pushing me to my breaking point. Like an untrustworthy teenage boyfriend who says he will pick you up at 7pm for the movies, so you spend like 4 1/2 hours getting your bangs just right and trying on your entire closet twice, only to have him call at 6:59 to tell you that he is actually going to go hang out with his guy friends and play video games or some crap like that.

Confused yet? See...Emotionally. Unstable.

Anyways, in the midst of the chaos, life carries on. MLK weekend we spent in Seattle for a miniature person hockey tournament for Caleb. My parents graciously offered to keep Kearyn, which made things so much easier to navigate, but it was our first time leaving her overnight. So that also means I'm done nursing her, which means I am done nursing babes forever. I am confused about how I feel about this. On one hand I think it was time, on the other it seems like the end of an era (a tad melodramatic? maybe).

And she really doesn't seem to mind. She is taking the bottle like a champ. Grubbin' on more and more real food (despite only rocking the same 2 teeth for the past several months). From the pace of her crawling she seems to be training for something big. Pulling herself up on everything in sight. Attempting to stand unassited (not working out so well just yet). Waves and makes a sound that sounds very similar to "Hi-yee." Yells at her brothers. 9 months next week already. Where has the year gone?

While at the previously mentioned hockey tournament, Drayson fell into the pool without his wings on, so I did my best impression of Pamela Anderson Lee (or was she Lee Anderson then?) ala Baywatch and launched myself into the pool after him. Except for I was fully clothed, did not execute a mid-wave dive, and am not nearly as "endowed," eh hem. And as I walked my soggy-wet cat-self back to the room he had the nerve to ask me "why you not put your swimsuit on go swimming mama?" And since he was totally fine it's actually mostly humorous now.

Now on to these 'tooth fairy markings.' I'm sure you're dying to know (maybe you even scrolled all the way down to find out? or not. I'm going with not). Remember, Caleb lost his first tooth on New Years day. So we did the whole put your tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy bit. In the morning Caleb woke to find a crisp $20 bill under his pillow (whoa you say. me too. I was informed that this is very reasonable for a first tooth. I disagreed, but Great Grandpa Bob got on board with it and pitched in the $20 bucks. I was thinking more like $5. Grandparents are cool like that). Anyways, along with the dinero, Caleb also noticed some whiteish markings on his navy blue sheets near his pillow. And with total sincerity he says to us "Look! Tooth Fairy Markings! She must have left these when she was here last night!"

Call it what you want. I'm calling it what it is: Drool. But who am I to say?.

So yesterday Caleb wakes up and says "More tooth fairy markings, she must have been here last night checking on my loose tooth." And Drayson freaks and yells "someone was in our room last night!" and starts looking in the closet. I was dying. One of those times you wished you had on tape. I figure journaling it would be second best. But it just seems to lose a little something in translation.

In other news. Remember back when I was delerious with Pregnancy? and I wrote the post lamenting about how I thought I had lost my humor? Read here to be reminded. Well I think it has been slowly returning. Or maybe that's just my other personality telling me lies. See again? Truly. Unstable.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Our kids always seem to get those unsavory looking drool marks on their pillows as well. That is hilarious the kids thought they were from the tooth fairy! Good luck on the house selling business, it is stressful stuff but worth it in the end.

Gosfam said...

okay so I haven't read in a while and just saw on FB about the moving so had to come on here to see what I missed :) Love the tooth fairy markings story, and also I agree you got your humor back.