Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How Pregnancy Stole my FUNNY

Last night I turned to Chip and asked him "do you think I'm funny anymore?"
Him: "where did that come from?" (gave me a look that said I've officially lost my mind-a recent theme?).
Me: "did you get the email I sent you this morning?...it was funny right?"
Him: "yeah, that was funny."
Me: "Oh, well that's good, at least it's not completely gone."
Him: kisses me on the forehead and rolls over to go to sleep.

See, here's the thing. I usually consider myself a pretty humorous person. Albeit, sometimes it is dry and possibly not everyone 'gets it.' But you other funny people do and that is enough for me most of the time.

Now I have to actually think hard in order to write something with wit and character on your blog comments and facebook status'. {gasp} This is most upsetting to me. And then I worry that any comments meant to be be dry in a funny way, may come off wrong (like in an abrupt and unfunny way). And then people would think of me as your un-nice friend, or strange, and that is definitely not funny.

Things are looking up a bit though. I thought my own FB status about Team USA hockey beating Canada at their own game was pretty good (did you read it?...did you also think it was funny? or maybe only people who follow hockey appreciated it?) See here I am second guessing myself again.

And then there was the story a few weeks back about me peeing my pants? Was that funny or just embarrassing?

Oh and lets not forget about the email response to Chip yesterday. Or was he just saying that so that we could stop discussing it? hmmmmm...

Maybe I should just switch to writing emotional posts through the end of this pregnancy? Like last week's? Because what I'm lacking in humour I am definitely making up for in the emotional instability department. But while it is refreshing to get some of that off my chest, I don't really think everyone else should be subject to reading the equivalent of my emotional throw-up.

Maybe I should just start posting pictures? (But that requires remembering to take pictures and then the slow process of downloading them to the computer and then tediously uploading them to blogger).

Are you worried for my mental health? or my children's?
Are you regretting ever starting to read this post in the first place?

But the biggest question remains:
Do you think my quick wit will return with my waistline?

4 comments:

Gosfam said...

You know how to write girl. Whether it is funny or emotional. I love reading your blog. I loved the ending :) Keep writing whatever you want--I will be reading. Oh and I thought your peeing story was funny.

Sarah said...

I still think you are funny! And I can't believe you are getting so close to having baby girl! I swear it goes by SO much faster when it's happening to someone else.

Julie said...

I always laugh when I read your blog. (of course when i am suppose to laugh) YOu are so witty and I think you are awesome about writing what you feel.

Our Comfy~ Cozy Life!!!! said...

You have such a cute blog!