Friday, September 4, 2009

Coach

Tonight we have our first pre-season game. If you know me, you know I am sick to my stomach with nervousness and stress. I read a book the other day that said according to my blood type I should stick to relaxing activities such as Yoga and Meditation. But, you know, those don't excite me (ie: give me stomach cramps) the way a good competitive soccer game does.

So I will wait until 5pm. It can't come soon enough, or wait, maybe it will be too soon. Either way, it will come, and we shall see what comes of it. I know we have a good team...maybe that is the issue, I have high hopes and expectations for them/us/me. Go Big or Go Home...right?.

It is so very important to me that these girls reach their full potential. Was it not just me a few short years ago (OK, maybe a couple more than that :), pulling on that uniform (with those same lovely cramps in my stomach)? And now I am the Coach, the Head Coach.

Whoa. I think I'm. going. to . be. sick.

Maybe I'll go meditate now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We are so excited for you. If Riley and I can sneak away tonight we might be able to come watch some of the game. Good luck!

Mary said...

Good luck Coach!!! :)