Friday, September 10, 2010

Is anyone out there?

...still reading this blog??

If you are, I apologize.
First for the lack of regular posting. Second for the lameness of the irregular postings.
Remember when I used to be fun & witty?
Or deep & thoughful?
Or was it just me thinking I was these things?

This is me vowing to get back into the swing of things.
No more summer vacation blog break for me.
My problem is that when I actually have time to write, I have sadly forgotten all the *great* things I was going to say.
I blame the children. I think they have stolen my brain (kinda like aliens from another planet might do. If I believed in that sort of thing). Though I did see this special on TV the other day that made some pretty convincing arguments....

Anywho, where were we? (see about the brain stealing?)
Maybe it's that I'm sharing my funny with facebook now.
Kinda of like when you only had one kid and they got all your attention, love, patience, etc?
Then you had two, then three.
And often times I think to myself: "I can't believe that I thought one kid was hard"
But parenting is all relative.
And motherhood is a merry-go-round of emotional instability.

My kids are so sweet. Stop hitting your brother.
She is such a good baby. You kids are driving me up a wall.
I love being a mom. Let's plan a childless vacation.

And the scary thing is how all these thoughts can run through your mind in such a short time frame. Looking back on some of those posts right after Kearyn's birth has put things in perspective for me. I truly did not think that I would ever not be in pain, be able to parent three kids, leave the house again without assistance, not cry when Chip left for school in the morning.

But here I am. 4 months post partum and I'm doing it.
And some days I do it well, and some days I don't.
But we all seem to be moving forward and thriving for the most part.

2 comments:

Mary said...

The Schweigert's are still following!!!

Sassy said...

I lurk..but thought I'd delurk myself. You have such a beautiful family and I get a kick out of your honest posts and sense of humour :)
All the best!