Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To My Big 6 Year Old

Dear Caleb,
I cannot believe that you are going to make me into the mama of a six year old tomorrow. At this very moment you are sleeping next to me on the couch where you fell dead asleep before we even had time to tuck you in and say your prayers. And I should probably have Daddy put you into your bed now, but the truth is I love having you right here next to me.
It is so refreshing to see how at ease you are in your own skin. You are just so good with who you are. And that makes me so happy. You are luuuvvving Kindergarten and making so many friends. All your classmates seem to be drawn to you and you are so good to all of them. You are so excited to learn new things and I love watching you accomplish things you didn't know you could do. Oh, how your face lights up and I can just see how proud you are.
You love being a big brother. Mostly, I think, because it means you will always have someone to boss around. You and Drayson love to torture and wrestle each other, but I see the way you watch out for him and want to teach him new things. And you are so helpful with Kearyn, always talking to her and telling her how pretty she is and making her giggle. They are so very lucky to have a big brother like you who will always stand up for them and be on their side.
Thank you for putting up with me, teaching me, and loving me. I couldn't be more proud to be your mom.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!!