Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blizzardy

Last night's near blizzard got me thinking about the good ol days on Little House on the Prairie.
{and you might be thinking: this is the oddest sentence I've read on anyone's blog this month}

But as the wind and snow whipped by our house last night I thought several truly enlightening things.

1. I'm glad I don't live in a log cabin. I'm sure the insulation in those things were crap.
2. What was that teacher thinking in the episode where she sent the kids walking home in the blizzard and they all got lost. Not her best moment for sure. Good thing Mr. Edwards the mountain man was there to find them all before they froze to death.
3. That Nellie was a real spoiled witch of a girl.

Man I loved that show. Every morning, 7am at Grandma Sy's house. Curled up with some coffee milk (mostly warm milk and sugar with a dollop of coffee mixed in....mmm).
When I was small and we would go to our rustic cabin I used to pretend that I was Laura (because we all know everyone wanted to be Laura and not Mary). It all seemed so exciting and glamorous then. I think that's because Ma made it look easy; but what a pain in the backside not to have running water, electricity and indoor plumbing.
Man I take some things for granted.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You know there is "Something about Mary"!!!