Friday, March 6, 2009

March Journal Entry

March 6, 2009


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:

It's 10:45pm...dark. But today there was SUN, glorious SUN!

I AM THINKING:

That I am lonely. Chip took Caleb to the Southridge boy's soccer sleepover at the gym. He is getting to be such a big boy now. Though he still took his BB (blankie) with him, he told me that it helps him "sleep tight!" :) I asked him what the big boys would think and he said he didn't care what other people thought of him....OK--now who does that sound like?--Chip!!

I AM THANKFUL FOR:

2 kiddos that sleep so good and always have. We usually have them in bed and asleep by 8:30pm at the latest. Which is when Chip and I actually get to spend a few moments together catching up on our daily events or zoning in front of the TV (we're kinda addicted to Idol).

FROM THE KITCHEN:

A sink full of dirty dishes that I have been protesting all day. It's a shame that they will still be there in the morning.

I AM WEARING: A Southridge soccer tee of Chip's and my favorite jeans. Let me just say that these jeans are to die for. They are 7 for all Mankind and I have had them for years. I am a very picky jeans person...I want them to be soft and comfortable, but still look good, oh yeah, AND fit my scrawny butt. I do not buy them because of their designer label, I wish a zillion times that those $29 jeans at Old Navy did it for me, because then I could have like 6 pairs compared to my one. Anyone that says that they could never spend this much on jeans has never had a pair of their own. I would say "I dare you" right now, but I don't want all your husbands leaving me nasty comments on the blog!! And once you have 1 pair, all other jeans will pale in comparison. These are "special event" jeans, meaning I only get them on Christmas or birthday, etc. Oh, I can not wait to be 27!!

I AM CREATING:

I think that I should just permanently delete this prompt from my journal entries--because I am sadly lacking in the creativity department.

I AM GOING:

To go stare at my baby in awestruck wonder before I go to sleep in my lonely cold bed. Caleb always gets to sleep on Chip's side of the bed if Chip is out of town...so today caleb wanted to know if Drayson was going to sleep on daddy's side...um NO (he is a crazy loud sleeper...he has been in his own room since the day we brought him home-- staying out of town when he has to sleep in the same room as us is torture). Then caleb wanted to know if I was going to let Abby (our dog) sleep there...um NO again!

I AM READING:

My email and other people's blogs...yeah how's that for enlightening. Lame, I am totally lame!

I AM HOPING:

That Chip's soccer season goes really well. He and the boys have been working so hard in the off season. He puts his heart and soul into this. He accepted the job 3 years ago when they didn't even have enough players to field a full JV team and they had win less seasons when a 10-0 loss was the norm. They have come a long way. Last year they had their best season record of all time and made the playoffs. Hopefully this season will even be better!! Chip is truly the kind of coach I wish I had growing up (I may be slightly biased)...he always pushes and expects the very best from people, without have to raise his voice and act like a total prick.

I AM HEARING:

"Rain" noise from Drayson's sound spa coming through the monitor. Period. That is all. Odd. Strange. How will I ever sleep tonight?.

AROUND THE HOUSE:

Pretty clean except for those dishes who won't get a clue and take a hike, plus the continuous onslaught of dog hair that plagues me daily (especially now that Drays is trying to crawl). Note to self: next time get a shed less dog--or better yet, no dog at all.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:

1. Blue corn tortilla chips. Is there an actual difference in taste or do they just taste better because they look cooler?

2. Individual pre-sliced and sweetened pink grapefruit cups from Costco. I love grapefruit...but seriously, too much work after all the slicing. Of course I throw an extra spoonful of sugar on them.

PLANS FOR THE UPCOMING MONTH:

SOCCER, SOCCER, and more yup you guessed it SOCCER. Spring sports started Monday. Also Caleb started indoor soccer Thursday. Throw in a little playoff hockey and that should do it.

A PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING:



"Babies are such a nice way to start people."

I never knew what I was capable of or how much I could do until I became a mother. Here's to all you other "Super Moms" out there! Have a fantastic month (even when the munchkins are giving you the business!)

P.S. I don't want to brag and make anyone out there jealous...but this is totally like 2 weeks before I gave birth to Drays. That's just how I roll friends...and Heck NO, I did not work out while I was pregnant...take your preggo pilates and stuff 'em!

6 comments:

Lyssa said...

I hope you slept ok last night! I totally feel ya - I always have a hard time sleeping when Charlie is gone. I will call you when things become official and give you the news. Have a great weekend!!

Gosfam said...

Your journaling is better then mine. I love reading it. By the way you have always been so skinny it doesn't surprise me you looked so dang good prego. I was HUGE with both :) Maybe I will post a pic on my March Journaling just for you.

Gosfam said...

Oh and I forgot one thing--I wish we had NO dogs at all too. Somedays love them, but totally can't stand them in the house. We have 3.

Rosie said...

What a great and thoughtful post. Sometimes we all need to be reminded of the small things and that being a Mother is the greatest thing on this earth!

Parker's Mommy said...

Sis--I cannot believe how amazing you look...all the time...well, I guess I'm not surprised! I didn't get a chance to tell you after your last post, but I really do think that you are a fashionista! Have a good day. I can't wait to see you next weekend.

Sarah said...

It's pretty awesome what a great job Chip has done spear heading the soccer program at that school. I really hope they do well this season too, it would be a great accomplishment.