Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just doing our part to Stimulate the economy...

As you all know we have been considering a new "family mobile" for a while now. Well, we finally bit the big one and picked up this pretty thing on our trip to Seattle 2 weeks ago....Happy Valentine's Day to Us! Happy to report that we did not get a van--I jokingly told Chip that "I don't even have to do my hair and this car makes me look good!" :) It is an '06 Acura MDX and I still can't believe it is ours. We ended up getting what we think is a good deal on it (in comparison to a lot of the other stuff out there that we looked at), the previous owner took really meticulous care of it. Apparently it gets really good safety ratings, so that makes me feel, well....SAFE! :). My "buyers remorse" is finally starting to wear off (does anyone else get this?...it sucks)--I think I felt the same way for a couple months after we bought our house as well. I was sad to see the Honda go (and the awesome gas mileage as well), but this is definitely a vehicle that our family will be able to use and enjoy for a long time.



Last night was the final "Skate with the Ams" for the year. And of course Caleb could not leave the ice without having Kruise sign something...
And in a totally wild turn of events, Caleb has decided he likes Winger now. He announced at the game last week that he was going to "go give Winger a hug"...we were like "yeah right", but Chip took him anyways.--and sure enough he walked right up to that thing and hugged him! This is a poor picture (sorry, I wasn't ready for it) of Caleb hugging him again last night! :) Everyone we sit with was in shock, I think we all expected him to freak out and revert back to when he was 2 and all he could say was "Bird eat Dan head" (that's a story for another time :)
*********************************************************************************
I had the boys in the bath the other day and all of a sudden it struck me...my heart is so full (don't get me wrong, sometimes they drive me absolutely bonkers, but every once in a while I have these great moments of peace). There is just something about having BOTH my kidS in the bath together...this is what being a mom means to me (does anyone get this?). Ok, so I know I am rambling and it is hard to explain, but when Caleb was little and we had been trying for over a year and a half to get pregnant again (and were starting to think that we might not), I felt a hole, like I was meant to have another child. And even though we love kids and will more than likely try for a 3rd eventually, I feel like if it isn't in God's game plan for us to have another, my heart now feels like it is really content and full with both my boys. It's kinda like being at Costco with the BIG carts that you can fit 2 kids in the front seat of...so friends, what I'm trying to say here is that I have 2 bums to wash, my Costco cart seat is full, and therefor, so is my HEART!
p.s. check out those eyelashes on both the boys in that top pick...I would kill for lashes like that--those definitely did not come from me :(


Here is a random fun pic from last week

4 comments:

Mary said...

Soooo jealous about your new Acura....I begged Chris for months now for one. Do you absolutely love it?

Sarah said...

I love the new wheels! Very cute.

When my kids are in the bath together I'm usually cleaning up the gallons of water that they've splashed on the floor, but I know what you mean. Those boys will be such good buddies.

Parker's Mommy said...

Oh sis, I miss you all so much. The boys get bigger all the time and I can't wait until we are all together again! Thank you so much for being such a strong support system for me...I love that I can totally count on you to be there to keep my spirits up and just chat, even if it is until 11 at night and both of us are exhausted the next day with our boys! Love you!

Gosfam said...

Great new ride!! I am jealous :)

I totally know what you mean, I have realized for me right now this is good enough!! I am happy, and in love with my family. I of course want to have more kids, but this time it is Great Right Now!! The simple things, the tender mercies in our lives are what there is to treasure.