Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Risky

We are going to Scottsdale as you well know.
Did you know that we are going to fly roundtrip for $280 out of Pasco (and that would be both of us-not per person). We would not be going on said trip right before Christmas if we weren't doing it on the cheap.
Now I'm bargain hunting hotels. I'm stalking Hotwire.com and then cross referencing Hotels.com. Do you know about this hotwire bit? You go to their site, you select your dates and your specific location/area (like within a couple mile radius) and they give you these awesome hotel options with rock bottom rates. As in $59 for a 4-star hotel in Scottsdale (whoo-ee)! The catch? They don't tell you the name of the hotel until after you have purchased. They list the amenities and hotels that usually fall in to this star category. Then you have to decide if you're willing to risk it. We have used Hotwire 3 times before. Once for a rental car in San Diego, once for a hotel in LA, once for a hotel in Seattle. It totally worked out all three times...actually we were blown away at the awesomeness at such a low price. Like when we were in LA there was a Valet and super swanky lobby (fyi: we don't usually make a habit of staying in dives, but we think a Marriot is pretty nice).
Is this making any sense?
Anyways, the only thing about doing this is: it gives me a stomach ache. It seems too good to be true. I get so scared right before I press the "confirm" button. I get even more queasy right before the page opens to the name of the hotel that we have just charged several hundred dollars to our credit card for. You get me? So here I am back in the same old boat.
But man, I sure do like those Valets and swanky lobbies...

Opinions? advice? tips? name of a good shrink?

2 comments:

Mary said...

I say risk it...you might have the time of your life!!! :)

Sarah said...

I've never used those booking sites before, but if you've had good luck so far then hopefully it will happen again for this trip. And 280 bucks to fly is an awesome deal too!