Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weekly Highlights

Here's a small portion of what's been happening around these here parts:

The long awaited bunk beds went up. And Caleb loves them. He of course is sleeping on the top bunk. And I am currently folding laundry on the bottom bunk until we switch Drayson over there (which is several months off). We are even getting two huge matching storage drawers that slide under the bottom bunk cause we need all the space we can get. Speaking of storage we are on the hunt for 2 dressers (they can be ugly since I am going to paint them and put on new hardware) so let me know if you are trying to get rid of some or know of someone that is.

*Also, thanks to my Dad for coming and helping with the bunk beds so I didn't have to (you saved us yet again from needing couple's therapy). And to my mother who scrubbed things that I was otherwise trying to forget existed (ie: the really far away part of the counter in front of the sink and the tops of my washer & dryer).

Hockey started yesterday, which makes our already hectic schedule even crazier!

The Bug loves to have his picture taken. Here he is before I took him to get his check up and shots this morning! He wasn't singing quite the same tune after they stuck him 4 times, but perked right back up when offered a dum-dum. He is doing great and is 31 1/4" tall (50th%) & 22lbs 3oz (25th%) And is cute as can be (obviously :)
Saturday morning was hair cuts for all the men-folk at our house. Here is Drays getting his first trim. It got a little shorter than I'd like and I started to cry (before Chip told me to pull it together because I was scaring the children...thanks hon).
On the pregnancy home front: Caleb has made it his personal mission in life to tell every single person we see that there is a "baby in my mommy's tummy." (which makes going out into public slightly awkward). The anti-nausea meds I am on seem to help, but make me extremely tired so I can't take them as much as prescribed. So tired that I don't really like to drive and that's kinda an issue when you're as busy as our family is. My jeans already aren't buttoning, which is a huge shocker to me, because I can normally rock non-maternity clothes until nearly 18 weeks. Doesn't look like Bean #3 is gonna treat me quite so well. I'm gonna go haul out the belly band, buy some more yoga pants and stalk maternity Seven jeans on the Internet!

And yes, Chip is still alive and part of our family (cause ya know, we wouldn't eat or have a place to sleep without him). He is extremely busy with his classroom, his pro-cert/Master's classes, coaching soccer, and helping with the boys.

Ta-Ta for now!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good to hear what you guys are up to. Let me know if you need any more medicine because I have a ton of Zofran left over. That was the only thing that worked for me. Hopefully you can get over the sickies soon and start feeling like you have some more energy, it is so hard to be mom when you're not feeling good. Let us know what we can do to help!