Thursday, October 1, 2009

Who Woulda Thought??

That after the conception of Drayson took almost 2 long painful years of:
  • ovulation sticks
  • morning temps
  • calender marking
  • meds
  • hearing that every other person you somehow know is expecting
  • month after month of disappointment

that I would be announcing that we are pregnant with Bean #3 (the good ol fashion way, like without all that un-fun stuff listed above). I'm still kinda shocked myself. When I mentioned as much to my mother she said: "I thought you knew how that all worked." And I do, but when it "doesn't work like that" for ya for 2 whole years and you're pretty sure God decided to only send you 1 baby...and now you're gonna have 3...well that's a kick in the pant for sure.

Then you do the math and realize that #2 & #3 are going to be less than 24 months apart. And then you kinda maybe freak out just a little bit (but your calm as all husband does not and just smiles at you like a goofball, because we all know he would be happy with a farm full of kids).

Then you feel better that the new/bigger car you bought several months back wasn't just a "want" but is now obviously a "need." And that the bunk beds you bought for a very special 5 year old boy who begged and begged for them for 6 months also isn't a "want" but a "need." And realize that with some very serious storage planning (and the before mentioned bunk beds) a bigger house is not a "need" but a "want" (which is a great thing, because we all know babies aren't cheap).

Our due date is April 30th (which means I am 10wks along). I've been terribly nauseous this time (like all day long), which stinks. And very exhausted. Yes, we are going to find out what we are having this time (that should be right around Christmas time). We are going to find out for 2 reasons: 1. I need to mentally prepare if I am going to be the mother of 3 boys. 2. I need to know if I can have a "boy" yard sale (meaning their clothes--not the boys themselves) and then take all that money and spend it on my pretty pretty princess of course.

We are obviously so excited and nervous at the same time (me mostly because that's how I am, but I think I'm especially nervous this time because we have already been blessed with 2 very healthy babies and I don't want my luck to run out). I even went round and round about the appropriate time to post this to the blog...is there a time protocol or something? I know lots of people wait 12 wks, but we saw the dr. yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat so I feel pretty good. And most of our family knows anyways. And since this is a journal of sorts for me it was weird to have to "keep that part" out of the posts. So there you have it, the daily ramblings of my head (prepare yourself, probably a lot more of that to come in the next several months). Keep the prayers and good thoughts heading our way...it's gonna be a wild ride.

ps. For the record Caleb thinks it's twins...I told him to shut his mouth. :)

6 comments:

Lyssa said...

Oh I am glad this is now an open topic for conversation. You guys are of course in my prayers, and I am sure this little bundle will be just as healthy and adorable as the first 2 little munchkins... you guys make great babies and I am glad you haven't retired quite yet :) Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Your response to Caleb made me chuckle!! Now then, twin girls would balance things out, right? Oh, Auntie Louri would be SO happy!! CONGRATS!!
Aunt Mary

Meghan said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys! You have such a cute family and you are such awesome parents, you definitely needed another baby!!

I hope you start feeling better! That is tough being the busy woman that you are this time of year!!

Sarah said...

I've been waiting to tell you congratulations because I didn't know if you were telling people or not (because of course Chip told Riley). We could not be more excited for you guys. You and I have such similar experiences - all I can say is to chalk it up to three times the charm! April is a lovely time for a new baby. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Mary said...

Congrats!!!!! You are going to have a girl...I can feel it with all the nausea and tiredness!! Can't wait to follow you through the pregnancy!

Gosfam said...

Oh CONGRATS!! That is so so exciting. I am so ready for baby #3, but currently not trying. Hopefully soon for us too. I am so happy for you, and I hope you are able to sell all your boy stuff to have your princess. Girls are GREAT!! You have to be able to have at least one :)