Saturday, April 17, 2010

Doctor Says:

I went for my 38 week check up on Friday.
I'm only at 2cm, but baby girl's head is down and ready for launch.
Dr. M asks me how I'd feel about scheduling an induction for Tuesday because he is on duty and he thought there might me an opening.
(now let me tell you, I would have given my right arm to hear my Doc utter these words the last two times I was pregnant).
But I was like "Tuesday, THIS Tuesday?"
Then I went on to say "well, Chip has a game that night and his final master's class for the semester is the weekend of the 24th, I have a hair cut, my nephew is getting baptized, yada yada..."
The only thing I didn't say out loud was "I'm pretty freaking terrified to have 3 children."
Then he realized I would not be technically 39 weeks and they kinda frown on that, so it let me off the hook.
We decided to keep my appointment for the following Friday (the 23rd), and if I was still pregnant at that point then we would talk induction dates again.
He also told me I could just "wait it out." But I've had to have my water broken both times before and my mother went 3wks overdue with both me and my sister, so genetically the track record doesn't look so hot.
So we are looking right on track for a baby to appear around the actual due date. So we are T minus 2 weeks (for the record I have absolutely no idea what the heck that means).
I'm going to try and get my rear in gear this next week.
And maybe squeeze in a nap or two.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, it is really coming down to the home stretch. If you can make it to the 26th that's my birthday! Soak up all this time you can before the baby comes. Try and relax and just do some fun things because three kids is a big adjustment after two. But I know you guys will handle it like pro's!