Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Am Thankful

This morning I was reading a friend's blog and she had the neatest post about all the things she was thankful for. It really got my thinking. People, I've got a pretty darn good thing going here! I am very thankful and excited that tommorrow I (along with the help and support of my wonderful and handsome husband) will be packing up TWO healthy and wonderful children to go to not one, but two Thanksgiving dinners with family; where we will eat an enormous amount of tasty food under a warm roof after thanking God for the many blessings He has placed in our lives.

It is so very human to get into a Bigger, Better, BEST sort of attitude. But these things are fleeting and we must remember to turn our thoughts to more lasting treasures if we are going to be truly happy. I know the grass may sometimes look greener in someone else's yard, but remember there is also someone out there thinking that YOU have the best yard on the block!! So today step back and don't look at your lawn with such a critical eye. Ignore your weeds and dry spots and instead focus on your ROOTS!

HAPPY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

p.s. when I asked Caleb what he was thankful for, he said....all his hockey pucks! Then I said, "that's nice, but I was thinking of something you have that not everyone else has, like your brother or your friends"....to which he replied, "yeah mom, but not everyone has as MANY pucks as I do!" (of course--I just had to chuckle...why would this even surprise me at this point?!).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha, that cracked me up that Caleb said he was thankful for Hockey Pucks. But hey, I guess to him that is a big thing!

Rosie said...

Hey Chip,

It is Rosie Torres (pitcher), I ran into your families blog and I showed it to David. He wanted to say hi and tell you congrats at 3 boys!! You look same-same BUT different! Glad to see you guys are doing good. If you get a chance come over and see us on our blog......or Alaska if you got time to go fishing.

Rosie and David