Sunday, February 8, 2009

Life's Short, Play Hockey

Chip: "Who is your favorite hockey player?"

Caleb: "Kruise" (of course)

Chip: "Do you know who my favorite hockey player is?"

Caleb: "who?"

Chip: "You!"



I love to watch them...Caleb just gets the biggest grin on his face!



We had such a fun weekend--and most of it was hockey related (shocking, I know)! Friday night was stick time for Caleb. Saturday morning we went and watched one of Caleb's buddies play in a Mite hockey tourney (it was fun to see what Caleb will be doing in just a couple years). Then Caleb's friend Andy came over to play for the day. They played roller hockey out front with the neighbor kids for like 4 straight hours (I kid you not)!



The Die Hards: Dan, Caleb, Andy & Emma--doesn't Caleb look like such a big guy here?



The night was topped off by an American's game. Sunday Caleb had a make-up hockey practice and then another trip to the rink for an Am's game and skate with the players. (Thanks to Jane, Larry and Kassie for a yummy dinner and getting to warm up before heading back to the freezing cold ice arena). Sunday night's game was especially great because Eric Mestery (one of the old American's players) was back in town with his team, so we got to visit with him and Caleb was so excited to see him!



Caleb at his favorite place...the rink of course

Drayson sharing a laugh with Scott at the American's Game
Eric & Caleb reunited


..."Caleb, who is your best friend besides Daddy?"...."KRUISE!"



When we got to the game last night there was a "big guy size" hockey stick sitting in Caleb's seat. It was Kruise's game stick from the night before and on it was written this note from Kruise:



To Caleb:

All the best! Work hard, have fun and one day you will play for the Americans!


Kruise is always so great to Caleb. One of the truly "nice guys"--the kind that I can only hope my boys grow up to be. His mom should get some sort of medal for sure. Here are some pics of him and Caleb skating after the game.


Caleb showing off his skills (take note of the cross-over...I can personally not do this without catching an edge--and I didn't feel like humiliating myself in front of the several hundred people that were present).

I just love this pic (don't worry Retta...I'll print these off for ya)

5 comments:

Mary said...

I cannot believe how big Caleb is...it seems like yesterday we were both pregnant with our "4" year olds.

Gosfam said...

I shouldn't have expected anything less then you having HOCKEY PRO sons!! Seriously too cute!!

Lyssa said...

Seriously, so cute. I cannot wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

Rosie said...

You totally have a future all-star! I love picture with a heart on your little guys butt, major black mail right there:)

Sarah said...

These are great pictures! Caleb will have some great memories to look back on of his early hockey days.