Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, April!

OK, prepare yourself. This is a biggie. Lots of pics though. Enjoy!


April 9-Daniel (nephew on Chip's side)


I can't believe that when I started dating Chip, Daniel was only like 3 years old. We have had so much fun with both Daniel and David over the years. And Caleb has had lots of fun torturing them for the past 4 years.

This is at Disneyland over Christmas. I can't believe he is taller than me now. And has a deep voice. But will still get in a family picture with Pluto with only a little harassing, even though he has to keep up his image by looking completely bored!
And he is one awesome basketball player! Like he is already getting invited to college camps in middle school (and not just any camps--we're talking UCLA & UofA to name a few). Daniel, we are so proud of you and hope that you have an amazing birthday!


April 13-Marika (cousin on my Dad's side)


I can remember the day Marika was born. She is growing up to be a beautiful young lady on both the outside AND inside! She is the best Little Mama I have ever met. Our boys ADORE her.




April 17-Papa KevO turns the Big 50!

As I was uploading all of these pics, the "My Buddy" song kept replaying itself in my mind. You know the one I'm talking about, "My Buddy" was the boy doll version of "Kid Sister"

"my buddy, my buddy/my buddy, my buddy, my buddy & me...." anywhoo.

Papa KevO is the Best because:

he buys dirt bikes (and rides along)

helps us climb around on big construction equipment

gives a boost so we can climb big rocks
let's us drive the riding lawn tractor
gives us "rides" when we are tired of walking
he's a good nap taker
he teaches us how to mow the lawn (keep practicing Caleb, Daddy is more than happy to pass this chore off to you in a few years)

he snuggles babies (even the newborn kind that just look "red & wrinkled" (direct quote, I believe) as long as they belong to him :0
and really likes to snuggle babies when they start smiling back
he is a devoted Caleb hockey fan

Papa, we don't know if Caleb has broken you in or just plain worn you out...but you've got at least 2 more following right behind.



April 19-Aunt Kathy (my mom's sis)

(that's her on the left) the third of four Parker girls. Fills her days with "farm" life and coaching high school tennis. She is really great and we hope she has great day!


April 26--Kassie (Chip's little sis)

Can you believe she is turning 19 at the end of this month! The boys and I have gotten to spend a ton of quality time with Aunt Kassie as she has become a devoted Southridge Suns soccer fan and doesn't miss a game. We actually just today made an impromptu trip to watch the team play in Walla Walla. And it sure is nice to have an extra set of hands around. She really has become a cool gal to be around. Oh yeah, she and Drays love to flirt!


Kass, I had to put this pic in, because I think you look HOT here! :)



April 26th is also my parent's anniversary. 29 years and counting! Congrats you two!



1 comment:

Gosfam said...

Love your dad's pics!! Too cute with all the quality time with the boys. Also congrats to your parents for 29yrs. My parents will celebrate 32 yrs in July. Crazy!!