Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Journal Entry

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:
it is officially the BEST day of 2009 so far. 60 degrees, sunny, and no wind. We didn't even have to wear jackets at Chip's soccer game this morning-only sweatshirts. And the boys won again 2-0. This makes their league record 4-1!

I AM THINKING:
that I got some great deals at Macy's yesterday. Drays and I went on a shopping expedition while Caleb & Chip were at the youth soccer camp that the Southridge boys run during spring break. Then they met up with us for lunch. A new dress, cardigan, sunglasses and a quick trip by the Clinique counter. I guess that this is a little early birthday present to myself. I haven't been shopping in a while and I have been trying to pick up some new 'fun' items to spice up my wardrobe.

I AM THANKFUL FOR:
the wonderful players and parents on Chip's soccer team. The parents do so much to support their kids and the coaches. They also take turns hosting these huge team dinners (which means I get out of cooking dinner 1 night a week during soccer season :). The boys are so good with Caleb and he LOVES them. They also do a good job of setting good examples. Last night at the dinner the boys were all very polite and most of them made a point to come by before they left and thank the moms for dinner. And I thought to myself, that is how I want my boys to act. What a neat thing for Caleb to experience.

FROM THE KITCHEN:
not much. a few stray dishes from breakfast and lunch. I should possibly get off my rear and figure something out for dinner before the hockey game tonight. which leads me to my next thought: do any of you buy from the Schwan Man? I made my first purchase last week after debating over the catalog for like a month. I just got a couple things that were a good deal and I will see how they work out this month.

I AM WEARING:
jeans and a tee shirt. Hoping that this weather decides to hang around and I can start pulling out my capris and sandals soon. Though I am not looking forward to scaring everyone with my WHITE legs before they tan up.

I AM GOING:
to hopefully get a new cell phone. Mine will not work with the bluetooth in the new Acura which really stinks (though it is supposed to be bluetooth compatible). Chip's works of course, but I'm the one that drives that car the majority of the time. I don't want anything real fancy, but the phone I have now pretty much sucks. Maybe I can get one that has a keyboard pad...then I could text like SUPER fast (not that I really text all that much---but if I wanted to I COULD and thats what really matters right?).

I AM HOPING:
that soon I will be able to share a little secret that I have been keeping. You all know how hard it is for me to keep my mouth shut longer than like 30 minutes. And NO I am not pregnant again...seriously, are you kidding me?.

I AM HEARING:
Caleb snoring. Yes, friends--he is actually taking a nap at this very moment. And did yesterday as well. I think he is totally worn out from going to soccer camp with Chip all of last week. Drayson is causing mayhem and mischief in his walker and whining at me for more snacks. Not that he even tastes them, since he inhales them anyways.

AROUND THE HOUSE:
still debris from the past week of Chip being at home with the boys. He told me that he could get into the idea of being a stay at home dad. I informed him that staying at home takes more than just PLAYING with the kids. He would have to do things like CLEAN UP. He looked at me with a shocked look....really you have to clean up? we don't have a maid? or a cook? oh wait...we do--IT's ME!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:
the ID channel. which plays all sorts of different crimes/forensics shows. You know the kind that they preface with: "some of the following scenes may be disturbing to some people. viewer discretion is advised." I'm totally addicted and scared out of my mind all at the same time. People, there are some twisted freaks out there.

SOME PLANS FOR THE UPCOMING MONTH:
*still lots of soccer. *Playoff hockey. *a gazillion birthdays. *Easter. *Hopefully we will get out in the yard and do a bit of work. *Possibly purchase tickets for an upcoming Seattle Sounders soccer game and order the boys matching Sounders jerseys online. *Caleb needs new shoes.

PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING:



We have been looking around for cargo boxes for the Acura. We knew that we would probably need to buy one for camping or snowboarding trips. They can be pretty pricey so we have been hunting around, we figured that we would be lucky to get what we wanted for $400-450. We found this one last week at Joes--and the best part??...we only paid $230 bucks! Don't you just love a screamin' deal!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on Blurb.com, I'll check it out.
And, I want to know the secret!!
-Carly

Mary said...

After you buy Schwans once, they won't stop "stalking" you!!! It is a weekly game we now play trying to avoid and hide from him!!!

Gosfam said...

I want to know your secret :) Plus today is a beautiful day. Schwan's I really like and we buy every once in a while. They do come every 2 weeks, but our man is super nice and understands if I don't order everytime.

Sarah said...

We bought a few things from Schwan's in the past, but I thought everything was too expensive and then they would always stop by and I felt bad I wasn't buying anything. They do have the best icecream though. I'm looking forward to capris and sandals too, this warm weather better stick around.