Monday, January 25, 2010

Just Mama & Drays

Today is a working day for Chip at school, so he took Caleb along. Caleb insisted he needed a sack lunch to go to school. So I made him one. He asked if he could have 2 oreos in his lunch as well. All of a sudden I was having flash forwards to Caleb going off to real school in the fall and I was getting a little misty.


So the Drays and I decided we needed to go on our own little adventure. We went to Craft Warehouse and Pier One and Kohl's. A random search for bathroom accesories for the revamped hall bath + anything adorable for Kearyn's nursery. He stayed in his stroller most of the time. When he escaped at Kohl's he ended up with a bloody lip, so he decided sitting in the stroller with a dumdum actually wasn't such a bad gig after all.

We had a wonderful time. My baby was so good. I also realized he is not as much baby as he is toddler (getting misty again, dang hormones). It reminded me of days when Caleb and I used to go on random treks. I need to do more of these trips with the boys seperately (but especially Drayson). I am going to try and do as many as I can before Kearyn arrives. I don't ever want Drayson to feel like the forgotten middle child.

Right at this moment he is in the middle of baby dreams that I hope will last at least another hour (God willing :) He is so cute and I am so glad we were able to spend time together today.

He also gave his smile of approval for the cute sweater I bought. What a guy!

3 comments:

Gosfam said...

What fun one on one time!! I have found I need to spend more time with Kendall. I am home all day with Peyton while Kendall is at school and Kendall misses out being by herself with mom :)

Natalie said...

So much fun! If you want me to make one of those carseat covers I will for sure do that, I need 1 1/4 yards of fabric for the outside and same for the inside, it will cost $10 plus the cost to ship, just let me know!

Sarah said...

So fun to do those little trips around town with a little buddy. I love that age where they are still pretty good on errands.