Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Chipper!

Tomorrow (September 5th) is Chip's 28th birthday!! And in lew of this special day I thought I would share a small picture montage....I call it The Many Faces of Chipper.




So cute...braces! One of our first pics (he is 17 here).

This is what we refer to at home as a "skinny chip" picture. we are/were so weird!

Just a glimpse of what he would have looked like in the 80's...(scary isn't it?)...don't worry this was a theme dance!

Maui on our Honeymoon (6 yrs ago...has it really been that long?)

This will probably totally embarrass him (especially the middle two pictures), but please note that I too, am in these pictures...he was not alone (and maybe this sums up the reason that we are still together today....strange apart, stranger together?).

But in all seriousness, I feel so lucky and blessed to have spent more than 1/3 of Chip's life with him. I love him because even 10 years ago I knew he would be a loving and devoted husband and father, and now I get to see it everyday. How wonderful it has been to grow up together, to see the truly awesome man he has become, to be privileged enough to wake up beside him every morning and lay my head down by his every night. OK, I'm starting to get misty now!

WE LOVE YOU CHIP, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

Those are awesome pictures! You guys are so cute. Happy Birthday Chip!!!

Kori said...

Happy Birthday cousin!

Sarah said...

Happy late birthday Chip. I just scolded Riley for not wishing you a happy birthday. These pictures were great!

john said...

sorry sara, i think that caleb and drayson both look like me. but maybe the next one wont. but who knows