Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My "I" List

I do not usually blog this much, but it seems to have turned into an obsession. I love checking my blog lists (and when they haven't updated, I even like checking their blog lists of their friends)...this could be borderline stalking! I just can't get enough. Well...I stole this "I" list from Sarah Dodson's blog...it is always neat finding out little tid bits that you didn't know about people. And it actually made me realize some things about myself!

I AM a child of God, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister

I THINK my husband is one of the best Dad's in the whole world and that my kids are the cutest!

I KNOW that I nag my husband ( I am trying to be better).

I WANT a bigger car

I HAVE hands down the best/coolest/most well rounded parents on earth!

I DISLIKE lazy people

I MISS my Grandma Sy. Her voice, her food, her love for my children.

I FEAR that my boys will grow up and marry women that I don't like and then move far away from us.

I FEEL lucky to have Chip as my best friend.

I HEAR Caleb asking Chip a question about his bike and Drayson making his new "growling" noise.

I SMELL Chip BBQ teriyaki chicken out back...yum!

I CRAVE designer purses and jeans that I can't afford....but Jane understands and every once in a while she "feeds" my craving!...thanks Jane!

I USUALLY don't blog this much!

I SEARCH daily for Caleb's shoes and his BB (his little piece of blankie)

I WONDER if I will ever have a girl and if she and I will be as close as my mom and I are.

I REGRET when I lose my temper with Caleb.

I LOVE how happy Drayson is when he wakes up (he just smiles up at me out of his crib)

I CARE too much about how I look and how others perceive me.

I ALWAYS second guess myself and overthink things

I WORRY constantly

I AM NOT always a good listener

I REMEMBER going fishing...just my Dad and me...at the cabin when I was little.

I BELIEVE that I would not make it through this life without God's unfailing love and forgiveness!

I SING badly!...I only sing in the car with my kids or at church. OK, I always sing along with the national anthem at sporting events.

I DON'T ALWAYS remember to brush my teeth before bed--cut me a break, I have a newborn!

I WRITE lists...lots and lots of lists!

I WIN or else! I have a bit of a competitive streak!

I WISH I could relax and not think about everything that needs to be done

I CAN USUALLY BE FOUND feeding Drayson or doing laundry

I AM SCARED of dark basements and the weird dark grizzly parts in chicken

I NEED a day off (I'm talking sleeping in, not having to feed/bathe the kids, someone making my meals, no chores, watching what I want on TV)....who am I kidding?!

I FORGET that not everyone is as lucky and as blessed as us. I should not take anything for granted.

I AM HAPPY when my family is happy!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great list! I think from time to time it's good to write things down like this. It makes you realize what you like/dislike and what you are really thankful for. I agree we SO need to get together. Maybe we can have the guys take us out sometime soon!

Lyssa said...

That's a great list! And I LOVE the video of Drayson cooing on the post below. You have such a beautiful family and I just love ya to pieces. I need to see you very soon!!