Thursday, January 8, 2009

January Journal Entry

I stole this idea from Sarah...she got the idea from a blog called The Simple Woman's Daybook. It is basically ideas for a weekly journal entry...but I am going to make mine a monthly entry to start, so that I don't set myself up for failure (it's too early in the year for that)! I think it will be neat to be able to look back and read what I was thinking. So here goes...


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:
thru my back sliding glass door I can see the city lights of Kennewick. Wow, nearly six years in this house and I've never really noticed that we really have a pretty great view at night.


I AM THINKING:
that I wish our pics this afternoon for the church directory had turned out better. I had weird hair, Chip hadn't shaved, and Caleb was doing his weird "chin thing" smile that he totally inherited from Chip (you can definitely claim that one Jane)!


I AM THANKFUL FOR:
my husband, who played bus driver tonight and delivered Caleb's friend Bryant home, while I got to stay inside out of the wind.


FROM THE KITCHEN:
the dishwasher is running, which means that YAY, I finished the dinner dishes and will get to wake up to clean counters and dishes!


I AM WEARING:
my jammies, hooray!


I AM CREATING:
nothing at the moment. but have been thinking about a picture collage of a bunch of pics I have of the boys together.


I AM GOING:
to watch Private Practice and then go to bed.


I AM READING:
I just finished the last book in the newest Karen Kingsbury series. She is a wonderful Christian author who writes fictional stories. Her stories aren't the kind that keep me on the edge of my seat in suspense, but her writings of faith and family touch my soul and keep my inspired.


I AM HOPING:
that the boys will let me sleep in until at least 8am tomorrow morning. and that Caleb won't come try to crawl into bed with us again tonight (he never does that any more, but the terrible wind we have been having the past couple of days has him rattled).


I AM HEARING:
the dogs wrestling and the post game show from the Oklahoma/Florida football game that Chip is watching in the other room.


AROUND THE HOUSE:
I see remnants of the play date that Caleb had this evening...hockey sticks and pucks, race cars, etc. Thankfully both boys are in bed and asleep for the night.


ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS:
watching Caleb entertain Drayson into a fit of giggles. watching Caleb play hockey. watching Drayson period. do you detect a theme here?


A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK:
taking Drayson for a rash recheck tomorrow, Caleb's hockey practice, an American' s game Saturday night, eventually getting my lazy behind around to taking down the Christmas decorations (remember, I LOATHE this part).


HERE IS A PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING:
i took all the pics from the beautiful Christmas cards I got and trimmed them down and put them up on this board so that i can enjoy all my friends and family's smiling faces all year round!


This was fun. Maybe I will be able to motivate myself to do it weekly (maybe). I encourage my blogging friends to do this...partly for yourselves, but mostly because it will give me one more reason to stalk you even harder!

5 comments:

Mary said...

What a clever idea both the journaling and the pic holder! Sounds like a busy week ahead of you! I'm headed to the Macy's sale to try to furnish my basement!

Carly said...

I LOVE your blog! Keep it up!

Parker's Mommy said...

This is such a cute idea. I miss you guys so much already. I have been trying to come up with a reason that we need to head back down!!! Hope all is well, give my adorable nephews a kiss for me. Love you sis!

Sarah said...

I love your idea for trimming out the pictures from the Christmas cards and then hanging them on a cute board. I just might have to do that too. Isn't it crazy to think you guys have been in your house for almost six years? We are turning into old married couples. Ha.

Anonymous said...

wallpapers
rmvz v / nc 86