Monday, January 5, 2009

So Many Lovies...So Little Time

When Drayson was born someone gave us one of those tiny blankies with an animal head on it. Now personally, I thought it was kinda freaky, but in a cute way, so I plopped that baby down in the corner of Drayson's crib and forgot all about it. Well, since Drays began scooting around his crib in the last couple of months he discovered said blankie and has fallen in L-O-V-E! Blankie has been dubbed "Lovie Lamb" and usually carries a distinct odor of spit up, rice cereal and Aveeno baby lotion. Well I decided that I should probably find a "backup" just in case anything were to ever happen (you mommies SO know what I am talking about). So after searching every possible word combination for "baby lamb animal blankie" on Google, I was finally rewarded. Turns out they make many other animal "lovies" as well. My mom and I were quite taken with the giraffe, and they were having a 3 for the price of 1 special. So Drayson is now the proud owner of 2 Lovie Lambs AND 2 Lovie Giraffes! What more could a boy ask for?


How stinkin' happy does he look? You can almost hear him thinking: "oh yeah baby, they're all mine!"

This afternoon Caleb passed out and took a nap, so Drayson and I played and pretended (in blissly quiet) like he was my only baby! Look how well he is sitting up by himself now!


Looks like I have a lot of time on my hands doesn't it? Didn't I have anything more productive to do this afternoon you ask? Well, of course I did (as all other mothers of 2 small children had I'm sure)...but they weren't nearly as fun or entertaining as this!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute Sara. Drayson is one happy boy, his whole face just lights up.

Lyssa said...

A few things:
1. Never feel bad for bloggig too much! It is sad enough that we dont see each other more but seeing you guys online makes it a little better.
2. Drayson is absolutely adorable. Such a big boy and those lovies are super cute too.
3. I am so sorry for cutting you off on the phone yesterday!! It was so nice to talk and catch up and hear all about your crazy trip. I had an antsy husband and brother wanting to get to the gym so we could go to dinner. Lets talk again soon!

Love you guys!!

Rosie said...

He is such a doll! You guys are going to have your hands full with your boys when they become teenagers, good luck with the girls!!:)

What a great Christmas you had in beautiful sunny California. When we lived there I believe I took it for granted and would miss snow. NEVER again will I miss snow!