Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just an Update from House of Elfering

Not anything overly eventful for the past week or so. Just the same ol, same ol. But was afraid that if I didn't post anything you all may forget about us and stop checking the blog! :)
Good news is that we have found a food item that will keep Drayson occupied for more than 30 seconds. Yay for Biter Biscuits (and yes I know that the back of the package says that they are recommended for babies that are crawling and ours is not, but I was feeling dangerous and decided to live outside the lines--so there!). Besides he seemed to enjoy them and we enjoyed a peaceful dinner, sans growling! This pic also gives ya a great peek at his 2 lower teeth...the top two are on their way as well!

Chip was at home with the boys all day yesterday and when I came home this is what I found. I was informed that Drayson had been "doing work" for a good 25 minutes on Caleb's toy laptop. Chip and Caleb had been watching an all day marathon of Man vs. Wild. I got home and promptly got sucked in (I know you all have probably been watching this series for the better part of a year, but I tend to live under a rock and only watch reruns on the Disney channel)--but this guy does some crazy stuff--if you have not yet found it...it is actually really cool! I now know how to start 4 different kind of fires, make several different shelters and kill a variety of reptiles!
Drayson has also been motoring around in his walker for the past couple of weeks. Some attempts to scoot on the tummy. Wonder if he will just pass up crawling and skip straight to a full on sprint like Caleb? Lets hope not!

Just a pic of me and Mr. Smiley Pants


In other exciting news, Caleb found the hospital grade nose sucker that has been missing for over a month!
Caleb: "Mom, guess what I found?...now you don't have to use that white one that you hate so much!" Thanks Big Guy! I had literally been searching high and low for it, purchasing other suckers that claimed they were "hospital grade" (and were not). Does anyone know how you get your hands on another one of these things without having to give birth to another child??

Do you think Caleb is excited that hockey started back up? By the way: check out this kid's awesome skin tone? I wish I stayed brown in the winter...Thanks, Daddy!

6 comments:

N.Guymon said...

Cute Pictures, Sara! I love checking in to see what you guys are up to. We should get together soon...up for a dinner date?

Sarah said...

The pictures of the boys are always so cute - I love Drayson's facial expressions!

Man vs. Wild is totally one of those shows that sucks you in and makes you glad you don't have to eat a skunk or anything like that. Kendle and Riley love that show too.

Mary said...

Yeah for Bear Grylles!!! Piper used to do the best interpretation of him. I couldn't watch after he ate rhino feces!!! Yuck!!!

Gosfam said...

Love all the updates!! I never watch TV anymore. Matt catches up on most shows through the internet. Anyways I have seen Man vs. Wild and can see how you get addicted :) Love the pics of the boys and the nose-sucker I always hated to use, but the hospital ones are the best.

Carly said...

Love the biter biscuits too but man are they messy. Have you noticed that if you don't wipe their face right away it cakes onto them so bad?
And wow Caleb, why can't I be that tan right now? Lucky kid.
About the ezcema, my favorite over the counter product is by Mustela-Stelatopia. Random name, but it's great stuff. Babies R' Us sells it, not sure about Target.

Rosie said...

You guys have got the most handsome boys I have ever seen. Really! That Caleb is going to be a heart breaker:)