Sunday, May 24, 2009

Monthly Tidbits-May

YAY! We finally have some summer weather. It was perfect today. High 80's with a very slight breeze. We spent our day swimming and lounging at our friends the Taylors. Caleb removed himself only a handful of times from the pool in the 5+ hours that we were there. Drays had a blast splashing around with all the kids and being cooed at by the ladies. We are planning on the good weather sticking around so we can get out on the boat with my parents tomorrow!

Caleb--4yrs/8months, 38lbs

  • you love to cuddle on the couch with Daddy and I before you go to bed
  • you love to sing back up to me in the car and play your air guitar
  • you are already a most gorgeous shade of toasted brown. I'm jealous.
  • you say things like "you're crackin' me up"
  • you took your own money to the soccer game yesterday and went to the concession stand and bought a soda all by yourself. when I asked you if the lady helped you count your money...you looked at me annoyed and said "mom, I know how many one dollar is!"
  • you are always right and have a strong sense of reason. we were having a disagreement the other day over whether your friend Bryce would be going to kindergarten or not next year and you told me: "mom, you know how I know that Bryce is for sure going to kindergarten? Because his shoes are bigger than mine-that's how I know!"

Drayson--11 months, 21(ish) lbs.

  • you eat anything you can get your hands on...including the dog food the other day!
  • you love for people to look at you so you can smile your cheesy grin at them
  • you have 8 teeth
  • we are pretty sure you are saying some words: mom, dad, dog, all done
  • when Daddy changes your diaper you get all perturbed and look around for me saying "mom,mom"
  • you love to wrestle your big brother
  • you are pulling up on everything and walking with assistance. we catch you standing all on your own for several seconds at a time
    _________________________________________
And I had to share this one last picture. Drays still faces back in his carseat, so Caleb is the only one who can see him. Caleb has always been really helpful. And lately has been handing Drays crackers and snacks. This is the pic I sneaked the other day after getting Caleb a blizzard at DQ. You better believe Drayson was loving that!

1 comment:

Gosfam said...

Cute swimming pic, I love that Caleb was sharing his blizzard with Drayson. Such cute boys and I love that Caleb know what one dollar is :)