Friday, October 31, 2008

My Little Monsters!

I am here to report that we did indeed have a HAPPY Halloween! Caleb was not sure why he had to get back into his costume...because Halloween was yesterday, mom (he had his costume party at school) and was apparently very confused. This afternoon started off great with Chip taking Caleb to "stick time" which is basically a free skate for the hockey kids. There only ended up being 2 other kids. So Chip and the 3 boys got free run of the whole rink (very unheard of and a super TREAT).
Chip dropped Caleb off and headed for his football game (tonight was the start of playoffs) and I got the boys dressed into their costumes. Nonni Donna and Papa KevO came to pick us up for the Americans hockey game where they also had indoor trick-or-treating. Caleb was not really that interested in the candy and wanted to watch the players warm-up (only my child...every other child his age was attempting to stuff as much candy as possible into their bags). He happened to eye a puck stuck in the net and coerced my dad into getting it for him. Then Retta showed up and trumped the candy and the puck by bringing Caleb a signed hockey stick that Kruise (Reddick)--one of the Ams players that she and Dan house) had picked up from the ice after it had been broken by one of the Americans. Too cool! Sadly the Americans lost, but in better news the Southridge boys won their football game tonight!! Go Suns!!

The monsters

My sweetie pants


Caleb showing off his loot


Ok, as I am writing this someone just rang my door bell...now it is 10:35 at NIGHT. Yup, you guessed it--old kid trick-or-treaters...uhhh (they are my pet peeve...get a life). I told them I was out of candy and that there were way too many little kids trying to sleep for them to be out ringing bells. They craziest thing is that they were being driven around by what I assume were their parents....WHO are these people and WHERE do they come from?...seriously!!
That is all, goodnight!!

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

What a fun night! I especially love little Drayson's costume!

I feel ya on your thoughts of big kid trick or treaters, luckily our last ones came at 8:30 which isnt bad.

Parker's Mommy said...

Travis and I were just talking last night about how we hate the big kid trick or treaters too! How funny! We were out and about. We actually headed out and picked up some stuff to make drinks and a movie. All in all it was a pretty relaxed night! Glad you guys had fun!

Sarah said...

That is so annoying that you got people knocking on your door that late at night. That is totally lame on their part.

Your kiddo's look so cute. Caleb looks extra mischievious in his costume. :)